As we celebrate our 30th anniversary and seek to fulfill our founder’s vision, the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy is committed to cultivating and supporting an evidence base that produces innovative and novel approaches to solving our country’s literacy crisis. Toward that end, the Barbara Bush Foundation will host the inaugural National Summit on Adult Literacy, convening 200-300 adult and family literacy experts and industry partners, including:
- Adult literacy practitioners
- Researchers and scientists in the adult learning and/or literacy space
- Education policy makers
- EdTech practitioners and experts
- Community-based organizations
- Corporate, foundation, and philanthropic partners
- Professional organizations
- Leadership from related sectors and fields including civil liberties, corrections, finance, healthcare, social services, innovation and technology, and workforce development
Together, these experts will examine and promote best practices and findings in the field, engaging in an in-depth conversation and collaborative action planning session on America’s adult literacy crisis.
More details to be announced soon! If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Diane R. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.